With Data Cap turned on, you will be able to control your Out of Bundle spend by capping the data usage to a certain limit whilst Roaming therefore, preventing bill shock. You will be sent Data Cap alerts and data will be stopped (capped) when you have reached the agreed spend allowance for chargeable out of bundle data usage.
What Are The 2 Types Of Truphone Data Cap:
A. EU Data Cap
- For customers with Truphone World 2014 plans that covers 66 countries.
- Can be enabled by customers with European primary numbers.
When you Opt In to the EU Data Cap, your Data use will be blocked when all of the following conditions have been met:
- You are in a country where your allowance is not applicable and your Out Of Bundle (OOB) Data usage has reached the defined limit of your Data Cap.
- Your add-on allowance for data has been consumed.
B. Roaming Data Cap
- For customers with Truphone World 2017 plans which covers more than 100+ countries.
- Can be enabled by customers with European Primary numbers but has also been extended to customers with HK, AU, and US primary numbers.
When you Opt In to the Roaming Data Cap, your Data use will be blocked when one of the following conditions have been met:
- You are not in your home/billing country and your bundle allowance for data has been consumed for the current Billing Cycle (including Add-Ons).
- You are in a country where your allowance is not applicable and your Out Of Bundle (OOB) Data use has reached the defined limit of your Data Cap.
What Are The Default Data Limits?
The default Data Cap value limits per month are:
- Germany, Spain, Netherlands - €50
- Poland - 210 PLN
- United Kingdom - £40
When Will I Get Data Cap Notifications?
Data Cap notifications will only be delivered via SMS. Tablets and laptops might not receive the SMS if they are not SMS-enabled.
The notifications will only be delivered via text message to you when:
• A notification that you have exceeded your data roaming spend (100% notification).
When Will My Data Be Capped / Uncapped?
Data will be capped when you reach 100% of your spend allowance. You will be able to continue to use data when one of the following occurs:
- You return from a Roaming country and data usage in these countries are charged at domestic rates and are therefore not capped.
- A new billing month begins and you have a bundle that applies to the roaming country in which you are attempting to use data.
- Your data cap limit is increased.
- You buy a data add on for the region that you are currently traveling in. (Data will be capped again once this add on is used up)
How Can I Change My Data Cap Settings?
You can change your Data Cap settings by contacting us (Email requests are not accepted). Once your data cap has been changed, your Account Admin will be notified by email.