There may be a number of reasons why you cannot use the Mobile/Cellular Data service. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue.
1. Do You Have Coverage?
If you find yourself in an area with no, or limited coverage, you will find it difficult to access the Internet. Try switching locations and make sure you have enough signal bars to connect to 3G or 4G/LTE.
2. Do You Have Mobile/Cellular Data Enabled?
Handsets have Mobile/Cellular Data settings that will allow you to switch the Data service on or off. Please ensure that you have switched this on when not connected to WiFi.
3. Have You Enabled Data Roaming?
When you are using the Mobile/Cellular Data service overseas, you will need to switch on Data Roaming. For more information, please refer to What Is Data Roaming?
4. Are You Using The Correct Data Settings?
If you can connect to the internet via WiFi but having difficulties when using the Mobile/Cellular Data service, you may be using the wrong connection settings. For more information, please refer to Setting Up Data On Your Handset.
5. Have You Reached Your Monthly Data Cap Allowance?
If you are roaming in a country that is not covered by your plan and/or add-on and have exceeded your Data Cap limit, you will not be able to use the Mobile/Cellular Data service until you purchase a data add on or increase your Data Cap limit. For more information, please refer to What Is A Truphone Data Cap?
6. Is It Impacting the Data Service in General Or Is It Isolated To A Specific Application?
If you try accessing a standard web page and it works fine then your issue is more likely application specific. We recommend you to speak to the application provider or for business customers, contact your IT department.
7. Have You Restarted the Device?
From time to time, smart phones and other devices can start acting not so smart. You should always try a full power-down restart and see if that helps.
8. Does Anyone Else Have Issues?
Check if anyone else using a Truphone SIM is receiving signal. If you are the only one not receiving signal from the network, the issue is likely to be device specific.
Need More Help - Contact Us!
If none of the above helped resolve the issue, please get in touch with us & we'll be happy to assist you.
To help speed up troubleshooting so we can get things working for you as quickly as possible, please take note of the following:
- Confirm which of the above steps you have undertaken and what the result was.
- Provide us with your Truphone Mobile Number.
- Tell us where you experienced the issue in as much detail as you are able to eg: Road, Place, City, Country, Postcode etc.
- Tell us what time and / or how long you have been having the issue. Did it start when you arrived in a new country?
- The make and model of the device you are using.
- The network you were connected to at the time.
- The signal strength shown on the device screen.