At Truphone, you can divert incoming calls to any fixed phone or mobile number that is the same as your Primary number. For example:
- Calls to a UK primary number can be diverted to another UK mobile number or fixed phone.
- Calls to a US primary number can be diverted to another US mobile number or fixed phone.
Conditions To Enable Call Forwarding
There are several conditions that need to be met in order to allow a call to be forwarded to a designated number.
- Call forwarding is available to our business-to-business and business-to-consumer customers.
- Call forwarding is not available to customers subscribed to the Truphone Mobile Recording service.
- The phone number must be in an international format e.g. UK +447408... or USA +1618... etc.
- Calls cannot be forwarded to Emergency or Premium Rate numbers.
Types Of Call Forwarding
There are two types of call forwarding:
1. Unconditional Call Forwarding
Unconditional Call Forwarding will divert all calls from your phone to your chosen mobile or fixed number regardless if you are engaged in a call, unreachable due to poor coverage, unable to pick up etc.
2. Conditional Call Forwarding
Conditional call forwarding can be set up to divert calls to a number of your choice when:
• When There Is No Reply - You are unavailable
• When Not Reachable - You are unreachable e.g. there is no signal or your phone is switched off
The following are the available settings for each of these:
A. Divert Calls When Busy
B. Divert Calls When There Is No Reply
C. Divert Calls When Not Reachable