What happens when I ask for a SIM swap?
A SIM swap is a provisioning process where the current SIM serial number on an existing service number is replaced with a new one because of a lost/stolen device, outdated SIM version, eSIM activation, etc.
Will I keep my existing phone number/s after the SIM swap is performed?
Yes. Your Truphone number/s will remain intact along with voicemail configurations etc.
1. I don't have a replacement SIM card.
- If the device is eSim compatible and the company's Truphone Account is eSIM authorised, you are eligible to activate a Truphone eSIM profile.
- Contact Customer Service to request a QR code.
- Scan this code from the device to install the Truphone eSIM profile.
1.1 Will the services start to work after installing the Truphone eSIM profile?
- One last step. You will need to provide Customer Service with the SIM serial number for a SIM swap to be completed.
For Android Users:
- From the home screen, choose Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About or About Device.
- Choose Status or Phone Identity – this will depend on what model you’re using.
- Choose IMEI information.
- Your SIM number will show as the IMSI number, ICCID or SIM ID.
For Apple Users:
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Your SIM card number will be listed under ICCID or EID.
2. I received a replacement SIM card.
- You will find a 19-digit number from the plastic card. This is defined as the Serial number.
- The SIM swap may be completed by calling Customer Service or via the Truphone Account Portal.
From the Truphone Business Portal (for Account Admins):
- As soon as the network accepts the SIM swap request, your old SIM card will stop working and you are ready to insert or use the new SIM in your device.