For compliance purposes, standard outbound calls have been blocked in certain countries. When in one of these countries, you will need to dial differently.
You will know when you are unable to make standard outbound calls when:
- You receive an SMS from Truphone stating outgoing calls are blocked and *100* should be used
- When making an outbound call, you receive a message from the host operator
If these happen, use the Callback Method.
How to use the Callback Method
1. On your phone, dial *100* followed by the number you wish to dial then # then press call.
2. A message will appear saying “We have successfully connected your call”
3. You will receive an incoming call, answer it and wait to be connected.
4. There will be no ringtone so the call will be silent until answered.
List of countries
In these countries, please use the Callback Method to make an outbound call.
Specific regions in Northern India - Jammu & Kashmir, Assam & North East Regions
Central African Republic & Swaziland
Sao Tome & Principe
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)