Technical Support Engineer - Customer Success
TechnologyMain Responsibilities of the role
Truphone is building a Customer Success team to handle its emerging and rapidly growing eSIM and IoT product portfolio and customer base. This team is accountable for ensuring these customers have an excellent experience with Truphone from the contract signature to in-life operations. The team operates autonomously and its members are obsessed with automation. While we develop solutions and tools, we also work with our partners and internal stakeholders to onboard and support our customers throughout their lifecycle taking the opportunity to transform those methods in system based processes whenever possible. We end up building and managing close relationships with some of the largest device manufacturers and network operators in the world. We want to help the customer to achieve more with Truphone!
Support Engineers (SEs) are responsible for supporting all customer facing services and other production systems that are required to monitor and maintain those services. They answer to technical queries, investigate reported issues and proactively troubleshoot detected degradations, keep customers in the loop when incidents arise and strive to provide a first-class experience. Truphone evolves a unique ecosystem of connectivity services and that brings unique challenges as well. In fact, it's the only global mobile connectivity provider with a distributed core telco stack and supporting business systems, serving large enterprise users with traditional mobile plans and a complete IoT portfolio (Io3), as well as other operators with our advanced eSIM distribution and management platforms. The experience of our team feeds back into other engineering groups within the company, as well as to Truphone customers that will eventually be running (self-)managed installations. Support Engineers work with service teams, customers and customer-facing teams, who use Truphone's services and systems, either in the cloud (PaaS/SaaS) or deployment on-prem (Managed or self-managed Services). They focus on getting issues and customer feedback triaged and routed to the appropriate teams. Support Engineers are at the first line of technical engagement with customers and customer-facing teams, acting as advocates and sharing their learnings and insights with the rest of the organization, playing an important role to continuously improve and evolve the services and products. Truphone has a strong track record of evolving Support Engineers to other roles in th
A Support Engineer will ensure our customers get rapid responses to any technical issues and queries right first time.
- Have affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support, and making customers happy;
- Know their way around source control (Git), CI/CD pipelines and observability tools (prometheus, grafana, graylog);
- Enjoy solving many small problems per day;
- Have the ability to triage and resolve issues and bugs;
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly in written and spoken English with customers via tickets, conference calls, etc.;
- Be experienced with support tools (e.g. Jira, SalesForce.com, etc.);
- Be experienced writing support content;
- Be experienced managing the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to service/development team, to resolution;
- Have excellent domain of spoken and written English, with a second language being a great plus;
- Be available to work on a shift rota or on-call coverage (approximately one week every two months);
- Be an awesome team player, with genuine will to continuously learn and share his learnings with others;
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values;
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in Telecom IT and/or Engineering;
- Ability to perform complex system administration tasks;
- Proficiency with scripting and one or more programing languages;
- Working knowledge of Git (or other source controls);
- Monitoring and metrics in Prometheus and Grafana; (nice to have)
- Logging and tracing tools (Graylog, Astellia); (nice to have)
- Proficiency handling incidents and related service management processes.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and debugging issues;
- Good ticket handling performance and high customer satisfaction;
- Perform detailed investigations to resolve issues and bugs;
- Submit new feature requests based on customer interactions;
- Forward thinking solutions to improve support quality and customer satisfaction (e.g. new tooling and automation, knowledge base).
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Engage with our customers to triage issues via email, calls or video conferencing;
- Collaborate with our Product and Development Teams to build new features and get bugs fixed;
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions;
- Clear technical knowledge and comfort explaining technical concepts to various audiences;
- Process oriented: Suggest and implement improvements to the support workflow.
- Influence and Maturity
- Working across functional groups to deliver on projects relating to customer experience and success.
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties