Main Purpose of the role
As a Charging Engineer inside the Engineering department, you will act as a Subject Matter Expert for Charging Services (rating/metering solutions), online and offline, and act as point of contact towards internal customers.
Effectively work closely with Product and Marketing, but also with technical stakeholders and vendors, in shaping, designing, testing, and implementing rating and metering solutions for Voice, Messaging, and Data services, or any other type of service required.
The Charging Engineer is responsible to lead the requirements analysis process, in close contact with all relevant stakeholders, to a refined and clear scope, allowing a solution to be created, documented and planned to be implemented.
The Charging Engineer should have a very good understanding around the protocols used in the mobile core for charging and service control/definition purposes.
The Charging Engineer should have a very good understanding of product charging related processes and components like Mediation, Billing, CRM, Provisioning.
The Charging Engineer design and leads the planning, identification, specification and project delivery of new charging and product offer solutions and must ensure the best cost-effective design, the adequate application and technology evolution, ensuring the consistency of the service and resources and perform technical risk evaluation for the overall technical solution.
The Charging Engineer is involved in the definition of the Charging System performance management and capacity management, responsible to ensure that the services and/or resources are performing adequately and that enough capacity is available to meet the business requirements and growth projections. This function will prompt the need for a specific network optimization.
The Charging Engineer should lead the design of new products, offers and solutions, ensuring adherence to templates, policies and design standards. Should evaluate and determine impacted documentation and implement the relevant changes within (HLD, design documents, etc.) and ensure relevant design changes are propagated and signed off.
- Close relationship with Product and Concept-to-Market units to assure that new product and offer requirements are well defined and translated for the purpose of systems implementation
- Feasibility studies and "Proofs of Concept"
- Collaboration with other teams in defining and managing the projects for delivery of new solutions
- Project delivery. Solution design. Integration and migration strategy definition. Collaboration with other relevant departments. Responsible for end-to-end delivery
- Follow up of new technology trends in the industry and identifying interesting solutions for the product portfolio
- Design of new consumer and corporate telecom solutions
- Market prospection of new solutions through elaboration and analysis of Request for Information/Proposal/Quotation processes and negotiation with potential suppliers
- Definition and follow up of company technological evolution roadmaps
- Assure and control quality of documentation and execution (HLD's, LLD's, WO's, etc.)
- Assure and control implementation quality. Understanding of End to End system testing requirements
- Follow-up and define Quality and Performance indicators
- Capacity and Performance Analysis, Reporting and improvement solution definition
- Service & Resource configuration definition and implementation on requested systems (CR's)
- Works on complex solutions that influence the design and lifecycle of current products and addresses design issues for future products or technologies. Enhance, simplify, and optimize existing applications and processes
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of wireless mobility and Mobile Core (CS, PS and EPC, IMS) charging architecture. Network topology & various interfaces. Telecom networks technology evolution trends. Knowledge about SIP, VoIP, VoLTE, VoWifi
- Experience successfully designing and implementing Rating / Metering / Mediation solutions
- Experience in service design. Experience with PCC architecture, and the effective use of Deep Packet Inspection in service control
- Experience in mobile services charging (offline, online), using one or more of this protocols: CAPv2, CAPv3, SIP, Diameter (Ro, Gy, Gx, Sy), RADIUS, LDAP, and/or Web Service protocols
- Knowledge and experience of OCS and Gy/Sy interfaces
- Experience in dedicated service solutions, data only, applicable to enterprise/corporate environments. Experience in M2M/IoT solutions and services.
- Familiarity with any cloud technologies or virtualization
- Experience with IP technologies and protocols
- High Level Designs and Low Level Designs. Experience on developing and presenting internal and external documents
- Familiar with MVNO architecture(s) and landscape. Familiar with roaming environment, including its technical, commercial and regulatory aspects
- Software development experience to drive efficiency through use of best practices and automation
- Work in multi-cultural and multi-language environment.
- +6 years working on telecoms, in a design role.
- +3 years on telecom network strategy role.
Education or Qualification
The candidate should have a degree in Telecom Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties