When only the new iPhone is present (old iPhone is not available).
- Download the My Truphone app from the App Store and install it on the new device
- Log in with your existing email and password
- Purchase a plan, which will install a new eSIM
- Active plans related to the old device are not transferred over
- Call Customer Service for further assistance. In the future, this will be fixed
When both the old and new iPhones are present.
- The old device must be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or another cellular connection
- On the old device, delete the Truphone eSIM (this can be done in the Mobile Data menu on the device). Please wait a maximum of 5 minutes
- On the new device, install My Truphone from the backup
- Ensure that My Truphone app is updated to the latest version
- Open the My Truphone app
- Since the install came from the backup, you do not need to login as you will already be logged in via the keychain that was copied over
- The device will say the eSIM is not installed via a red banner across the top
- You can reinstall the eSIM from the profile menu. Alternatively, purchasing a new plan will reinstall it *
- Any old plans that are still active from the old iPhone, will be transferred over to the new iPhone (it’s the same eSIM being installed)
*Note: You must complete the iOS buddy helper flow to reinstall the eSIM.