Truphone announces data plans for iPad users in Germany
Truphone, the London-based mobile tech disruptor and global provider, today announces it is offering data plans for iPad users with Apple SIM in Germany. Truphone data plans give iPad users the ability to instantly get online and stay connected via the Truphone network at home and while traveling in 40 countries without international roaming charges. This builds on Truphone's status as the first global mobile operator.
As an introductory offer, Truphone is giving customers 100MB of data for free. The try before you buy offer makes it easy for iPad users to get 4G data directly on their iPad with no obligation to purchase.
- Flexible Plans: Greater choice around connectivity without being locked into long-term contracts.
- Lower Prices: Cheaper data packages without international roaming charges.
- Convenience: Connect right from your iPad with Apple SIM in just a few taps, eliminating the need to visit retail stores.
- Global bundle: Use the same data package in 40 countries without the need to swap SIM cards or buy more data when traveling.
iPad users in Germany will benefit from two additional features:
- Auto Renew: Automatically purchase a new data plan when the current one expires or is consumed for uninterrupted 4G connectivity, with in-built overspend protection.
- Top Up Anytime: The freedom to add more data anytime, anywhere without having to wait for your plan to expire. Create an easily-managed queue of data plans to make sure you never run out of data.
Consumers can already purchase Truphone iPad data plans in many EU countries as well as Australia and Hong Kong – with further roll-outs planned in 2018.
Apple SIM makes it easy to sign up for a cellular data plan right on your iPad so you can stay connected when you're away from Wi-Fi at home or while traveling. Apple SIM is built into iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (second generation) and iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular models, and is compatible with iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
Ralph Steffens, CEO, Truphone said: "Truphone Data Plans for iPad users with Apple SIM deliver connectivity on the move and perfectly complement iPad as the most versatile mobile device ever developed.
We're excited about the potential Apple SIM has to revolutionise how we provide seamless connectivity for our customers, no matter where they are in the world. Our capability, expertise and global network mean we're well placed to capitalise on this shift as the only truly global player. This launch of data plans on iPad with Apple SIM is another testament to the ability of Truphone to deliver a seamless product globally."
Established in 2006, Truphone has enjoyed a period of rapid expansion and now has more than 350 staff in 11 offices worldwide.
Pricing & Availability
- Data allowance valid for 30 days.
- Top-up directly from your iPad.
- Apple SIM is built into iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (second generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular models, and is compatible with iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
- Introductory offer of free 100MB is available for first time buyers only.
Once purchased, you can use the same data in the following 40 countries at no extra cost: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion Island, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, USA, Vatican City.