Truphone announces data plans for iPad users in Australia
Customers can use the same data plan while travelling in 40 countries.
Truphone, the London-based global mobile tech disruptor, today announces it is offering data plans for iPad users with Apple SIM in Australia. Truphone data plans give iPad users the ability to instantly get online and stay connected via the Truphone network at home and while travelling in 40 countries without international roaming charges.
As an introductory offer, Truphone is giving customers 100MB of data for free. The try before you buy offer makes it easy for iPad users to get 4G data directly on their iPad with no obligation to purchase.
- Flexible Plans: Greater choice around connectivity without being locked into long-term contracts.
- Lower Prices: Cheaper data packages without international roaming charges.
- Convenience: Connect right from your iPad with Apple SIM in just a few taps, eliminating the need to visit retail stores.
- Global Bundle: Use the same data package in 40 countries without the need to swap SIM cards or buy more data when travelling.
The launch coincides with the global rollout of two additional features:
- Auto Renew: Automatically purchase a new data plan when the current one expires or is consumed for uninterrupted 4G connectivity, with in-built overspend protection.
- Top Up Anytime: The freedom to add more data anytime, anywhere without having to wait for your plan to expire. Create an easily-managed queue of data plans to make sure you never run out of data.
Consumers can already purchase Truphone iPad data plans in Poland, Spain, Hong Kong and the UK – with further roll-outs planned to 31 countries by the end of 2017. This builds on Truphone's status as the first global mobile operator.
Apple SIM makes it easy to sign up for a cellular data plan right on your iPad so you can stay connected when you're away from Wi-Fi at home or while travelling. Apple SIM is built into iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (second generation) and iPad Pro 9.7-inch Wi-Fi + Cellular models, and is compatible with iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
Ralph Steffens, CEO, Truphone said: "Truphone Data Plans for iPad users with Apple SIM delivers connectivity on the move and perfectly complements the iPad as the most versatile mobile device ever developed.
"We're excited about the potential Apple SIM has to revolutionise how we provide seamless connectivity for our customers, no matter where they are in the world. Our capability, expertise and global network mean we're well placed to capitalise on this shift as the only truly global player. This launch of data plans on iPad with Apple SIM is another testament to the ability of Truphone to deliver a seamless product globally."
Established in 2006, Truphone has enjoyed a period of rapid expansion and now has more than 350 staff in 11 offices worldwide.
To learn more click here.
Truphone's pioneering technology is changing the way the world communicates, creating a whole new set of possibilities for businesses and consumers alike.
Headquartered in London, our global network and patented SIM technology powers connectivity on the move. We are the organisation developing and delivering game-changing products and services: the eSIM for all new Apple iPads available in 31 countries by the end of 2017; IoT solutions that already power connected cars; and global mobile call recording solutions that enable trading compliance for financial institutions.
More than 3,500 companies rely on us as their business mobile provider. The majority of the world's largest Tier 1 investment banks entrust Truphone globally with their mobile voice and SMS recording, which helps meet the challenging requirements of MiFID II regulation, being imposed 3rd January, 2018 by the EU.
To learn more, visit truphone.com.