Head of Wholesale
This is a critical role within the senior management team at Truphone, with responsibility for leadership and commercial operational management of Truphone's end-to-end relationships with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and other connectivity partners.
Truphone delivers connectivity via a combination of MVNO, sponsored roaming and bilateral agreements with operators across the globe. Our connectivity footprint continues to grow quickly and is critical to our success in the global enterprise, financial services, IOT and eSIM markets which we serve.
As well as leading the broad range of day to day operational responsibilities the successful candidate will also be expected to participate in developing the Group's strategy especially in emerging IoT and eSIM markets. Truphone is a pioneer and thought leader in these new areas and the successful candidate will also be expected to participate in and help to shape industry thinking around connectivity access.
Operationally, the Head of Wholesale will lead the establishment of new and maintenance of existing wholesale carrier agreements as well as monitoring service and commercial arrangements to meet the current and future business needs (including strategic direction and product proposition). The team is currently organised with senior managers responsible for MVNO, ISR and Direct agreements together with a 'back-office' business management function responsible for DCH and FCH, contract management and compliance.
This is a highly matrixed role working with global multi-disciplinary teams to align effort to enable external carrier relationships to be managed in a coordinated, effective way that resolves service issues locally, maximises Truphone value, improves service margin and align the carrier relationships with the Truphone strategy.
- Develop and implement a wholesale partnership strategy and plan collaboratively across Truphone;
- Ensure the procurement of new or alternative connectivity carriers, roaming partners, MNO suppliers and MVNO opportunities are managed according to the business strategy;
- Ensure that all partnerships match commercial, operational and capability requirements;
- Establish and develop relationships which improve the connectivity and wholesale agreements across voice, SMS, data, backbone and signalling providers;
- Ensure any renegotiation of existing MVNO enabler, roaming partner and carrier provider agreements match the proposition, strategic and operational needs;
- Continuously improve the cost to enable service;
- Ensure all wholesale commercial agreements support the business, strategic and operational requirements;
- Lead the Wholesale team effectively to drive enhanced performance, through our people agenda (employee engagement, recruitment and talent, performance, training and development) and in line with Truphone strategic direction and values;
- Work with, promote and comply to the Truphone operating policies and principles;
- Embraces, leads and drives sustainable business change within Truphone aligned to the customers;
- Act to create continuous improvements, absorbing external learning and insight to drive performance and economic improvements. Be able to demonstrate that this is creating a continuous learning culture.
The Head of Wholesale is a critical appointment and will test a talented individual who will be excited about contributing to a company with an excellent brand, which is a leader in its field, strongly supported by its owners and operating in a very competitive but rapidly growing market place.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Current experience in a similar Wholesale strategic and leadership role in the Telco industry;
- Excellent understanding of commercial and contractual issues related to wholesale procurement, business development and relationship management;
- Brilliant negotiations skills having led multi-million GBP deals;
- Good understanding of network technology having worked extensively with the (mobile) engineering groups in the past;
- Able to drive service providers and Truphone functions to achieve optimal wholesale agreements in terms of pricing, service quality and strategic alignment;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with brilliant organizational and planning capabilities;
- Able to build an understanding of the Truphone network, turning opportunities for commercial and quality improvements into concrete plans and budgets;
- Significant experience of leading and delivering successful organisations, with clear evidence of ability to engage, inspire and manage change whilst delivering excellent business results;
- Drives high expectations and performance goals across teams. A track record of identifying and developing talent for the business and driving the performance of their people.
Key leadership qualities/attributes:
- Believes in Truphone's values: Brave, Collaborative, Committed, Creative and Friendly;
- Challenges the way of doing things to develop and refine a standard operating practice;
- Able to think ahead, predict outcomes, develop scenarios and plans that proactively mitigate adverse business impacts;
- Excellent team player able to collaborate and work effectively across complex, global and matrixed relationships utilises influencing and negotiation to reach agreement;
- High energy and personal resilience - continually champions what is right for the business, a can-do approach;
- Able to apply self-learning and improvement;
- Organised but flexible with a strong work ethic, able to work with minimal supervision;
- High level of commercial and technical curiosity;
- Tenacious and resilient.
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level preferably with an additional business qualification. The remuneration and benefits package will be tailored specifically to attract an outstanding individual.
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties
No agencies. We do not accept CVs from 3rd parties