Tru and Obsidian Wireless Solve FSA Mobile Compliance Challenge
First app-less, FSA compliant mobile voice and data recording solution revealed
- New Financial Services Authority regulation will require regulated UK organisations to record mobile voice, SMS and data traffic by November.
- The ultimate penalty for noncompliance is the revocation of banking license.
July 28th 2011: Today at an event in the city of London, Tru, the world’s first truly global mobile network operator, and Obsidian Wireless, the UK’s leading provider of compliant mobile voice and data recording solutions for the financial services sector, demonstrated a breakthrough in the call and data recording market. The solution works on any GSM handset (including iPhone and BlackBerry®) and will resolve the key issues relating to the FSA’s impending regulatory change.
The FSA compliant solution records all traffic in accordance with the evidential weight required by law and works at a network level so there are:
- No constraints as to which handsets can be used
- No application
- Major cost savings on international communications
- Support for Voice, Text and Data
- No change to the user experience
- No discernible time delays
- No requirement for DDis
- Support for all GSM functionality
- Including Call Waiting, Voice Mail, Call Divert and Call Conferencing
- No handset applications to manage
- Seamless integration with existing in house recording environment
- Or complete managed service solution
Paul Liesching, CEO of Obsidian Wireless, said: “Tru has integrated Obsidian Wireless’ industry leading recording solution into its top class full service GSM network. It is easy to deploy and manage, and provides CIOs with a strategic solution to ensure mobile compliance, rather than a tactical handset fix.”
Geraldine Wilson, CEO of Tru, said: “Tru’s mission is to simplify international life, and many of our clients come from the financial sector. The FSA regulation is a major pain point for these companies, and by deploying our unique intelligent network infrastructure, we have been able to create the first app-less, seamless solution for voice, SMS and data recording - in conjunction with market leader Obsidian Wireless. We look forward to welcoming more businesses from the sector into the Tru revolution.
Rik Turner, Senior Analyst, Ovum said; “Traders need their phones to work seamlessly. The winners in the call and data recording market will be those which can meet the mandatory legal requirements, with the minimum disruption to user behaviour.”